Summer’s basically over, school’s started and it’s time for new beginnings. That being said I wanted to show y’all a few of my favorite things. Now this isn’t an Oprah giveaway type thing, it’s just me showcasing some of the things I can’t live without…well I don’t want to live without.
- Aluminum Water Bottle – I have one really similar to the one I have pictured above that I scored from Marshalls for less than $3. It was a great investment, along with the other 3 aluminum water bottles that I have. Hey, I like to have options. Lol! But I love these bottles, I always have one with me everywhere I go; it’s needed in this Texas heat! It’s way more economical than it’s plastic counterpart and they keep your water cooler longer. It’s a win-win all around.
- Livestrong-esque bracelets – So I went through a phase a couple of years back where I was obsessed with these kinds of bracelets. I’m talking about wearing like 5 at a time on each wrist, obsessed. I’ve since grown out of that phase, but I still had a collection of bracelets just sitting around collecting dust. So I put noggin to use and found another great use for them, grips for the numerous aluminum water bottles I own! The bottles get cold and slippery when they’re filled with ice water and I don’t always want to hold it by the cap, so the bracelets work perfectly! I suggest y’all try it if you have a few of these kinds of bracelets lying around. I even have a Power Balance bracelet on one, though I doubt it makes a difference. Lol!
- iPod – I doubt this needs explaining, I’m addicted to music and have been since I was little. My iPod actually looks a lot like the one in the picture too, it has a hot pink skin by Shades that I bought from Amazon on it. It’s the 160GB Classic model, and I have about 17GB free. I currently have 15,650 songs on it and my collection is constantly growing. My iPod is a must have whenever I go anywhere.
- CO Bigelow Mentha Organics Sheer Lip Tint in ‘Just Blushed’ – I stumbled upon this little sucker during Bath and Body Works’ semi annual sale and picked up a few for me and a friend when they were like a buck each. I have ‘Just Blushed’ and ‘Sheer Rose’, but the former is my favorite. It feels amazing on my lips over a coat of my SPF chapstick (gotta protect your lips ladies), it smells and tastes amazing and the color is perfect. It’s glossy enough to know that I have something on my lips, but not so glossy that it looks like I just ate a box of fried chicken. Lol!
- Pink and white plastic travel mug – Like most of America I love caffeine, especially if it comes in the form of coffee. Like my aluminum water bottles, I bought this travel mug to cut down my use of those coffee cups at Starbucks and…well Starbucks. And it doesn’t help that I get a discount by bringing my own cup in. Its also great for when I make my own coffee and tea at home or work, which is what I use it for mostly. It holds hot and cold beverages and I get to be creative and decorate it with polka dots. And the best part, it was $2.50 at Target!
- No Slip Headbands – I have natural hair, something I’ll be blogging about on here frequently and I don’t like for it to be in my face. Even when I was perming my hair I wasn’t the biggest fan of bangs, so these headbands…headbands in general are a lifesaver. They’re a quick hairstyle when my curls are all over my head, when they’re up in a topknot, or just for a pop of color. I have a collection of headbands that ever growing and I love it!
- Black yoga pants – First of all I want to personally thank my friend Megan for convincing me to buy them. They are a friggin’ godsend!! They’re so comfy and quite versatile!! I’m not into yoga, Megan is, but I went with her to a yoga conference because I love and support my friends and their passions and that’s when I bought these suckers. These are the Target brand (I’m sure you guys are starting to see a trend here, I love Target), and I haven’t been able to find them since that time. Ugh! I should’ve picked up a couple pairs. That’s okay, that just means that these are washed weekly. They’re great for lounging around the house, a quick errand, going to the library, coffeeshop or bookstore to work on a grad paper, or what they were designed for…working out! Lol. I saw a commercial about this chick saying that she could live in her workout pants, and I partially agree with her.
- My phone – I have a phone exactly like the one that’s picture. A white myTouch 3G slide and I FRIGGIN LOVE IT! Lol. It’s a breath of fresh air after that Blackberry Curve I had (nothing against BB’s, but I’m a Droid girl now). The OS is so easy to navigate and the app store is quite extensive. I even have that snazzy case on it…well the back at least. I’ve had the case for a couple of months and the front rhinestones started falling off so I just took them all off in the front and left the back ones alone.
- Kindle 2 – This thing is my baby. I don’t know how I put off getting one until this past February, but I’m happy I have it now. I have my textbooks, bible, leisure books and even Scrabble on it. I even got a deal on it, only $100, and I think that skin was like $3 with shipping. I have a cute yellow sleeve that I keep it in and everything. This is another thing that I don’t leave my house without. You never know when you’ll have a few moments on your hands to read a couple of pages for class or take in a couple of pages of your favorite book. This the 3G model so Amazon provides free internet for it, a definite plus for when I want to check something out online really quick. The 3G kind of drains your battery quickly though, and by quickly I mean that you’d probably have to charge your Kindle every week instead of like once a month like I do. The thing has a great battery life!!